Old 11-04-2009, 01:04 AM
New User: cough cough

Default Hi...I'm new here

Hi...

I have recently started treatment as an outpatient for depression and I am feeling overwhelmed by the long, long process that seems to be ahead of me. I'm so sad and so tired...I'm a 34 year old woman and I feel like I am ready for this life to be over. For so long I have hoped and tried for good things and every thing seems to turn out wrong, broken and painful. I just don't know what to do anymore...
Old 11-15-2009, 08:41 PM

Default Hang in there

I'm the same age as you, and have been living with depression since my early twenties. I'm married with two kids and finally got to the point where I realized that my mood disorder was seriously effecting their lives. I've been on Cymbalta for just over a month now and it has made a huge difference. First two weeks were an adjustment but now I feel quite level. Do I still get moody, yes of course I do, but I no longer let it have a negative effect for weeks on end like I did in the past.

Hang in there, be patient, we have lot's of life ahead of us!
Old 11-30-2009, 12:12 AM

Life is a long process. Depression makes it seem a hell of a lot longer, in my opinion. Dig deep for inner desires and feelings of purpose and zest for life. Exercise, support groups, real friends, help lines, medication, healthier diet (and multivitamins), so many things may help. I understand what you were conveying and feel much the same on a near daily basis. I'm at the stage where I just live one day at a time. That's the best I can do. Unrealistic expectations may need to be dropped, because circumstances change, and so do our own defences, relative to our mental health, and we may have little control over the ups and downs. Hang in there. Ending it will create a much much worse outcome for you and anyone your life has touched. Depression hurts. Life is hard. Love is painful. But there is something to live for, many things, and only you can bring out your potential. Life is here for a reason, or it wouldn't be. Take care.
Old 01-20-2010, 04:34 AM

Unhappy

Hi everyone,

I am glad to see we're not alone.

I just went to see Avatar for the 3rd time. realized its an illusion of how I wish life were (without the whole war thing)... I've also been procrastinating to take my new prescriptions of AD's... When it starts, I feel like it will never end. Can we not be medication less?

Hopefully this was a good start, never been on a forum/blog.

Now&Then

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt within the heart. - Helen Keller
Old 02-02-2010, 12:05 AM

Hi everyone!
Everything can become better...how you see things, how you look at things, how you act towards things. It took me a long time to find a doctor who really helped me. Meds, yes, but more importantly someone who wasn't "close" to me to really see how it was. I really had to hit rock bottom before I realized how sick I really was and it took me some time to find a doc to really be able to treat me.
Old 09-29-2010, 03:15 PM

hey feel sorry for your depressed thing...you can do one thing in order to be a happy person...try to share your feelings and things with your loved ones in order to be happy....do express your feelings too
Old 10-05-2010, 04:16 AM
Active User: Feeling Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiff View Post
Hi...

I'm feeling overwhelmed by the long, long process.

I'm so sad and so tired...I'm a 34 year old woman.
Hi, I'm new to this forum, too.

*cough cough* *cough cough*

I don't know much about your life, but you really need to find things that you love to do. Or at least find things that you somewhat enjoy doing. Write a list. There must be something you enjoy. These are the things you have to pursue.

We all hit obstacles in our lives. You're not the only one. I have bad things happen in my life all the time. And I don't always handle them well. But at least I give an effort. Sometimes I need help.

Take things on, as a challenge. You want to fight to live. Because good things will happen if you live long enough. Trust me, I didn't think I'd make it to age 30. Thank god i did. Because the last decade was pretty amazing. And well worth living.

You're only 34.

Sad and tired can be cured, you know.
Old 10-07-2011, 03:14 AM

Default Understand

Hey Tiff,

I completely understand how you feel, I spent a good couple of months sleeping (at very strange hours) and watching tv, crying, or obsessively playing games on the computer during my waking hours. I won't lie it took a great deal to get out of that rut, but I eventually did and you can too. My journey included finding a psychiatrist, increasing my counselor visits, changing my meds (that was probably the worst part, but with the best outcome) and most importantly taking control of my life. Now don't get me wrong, there are still bad days, but they seem like a walk in the park compared to the days when my life consisted of crying, watching tv and sleeping!

It is a very long process, and its not fair but damn it it's worth it to be where I am now

I've been dealing with this since my early twenties, the last year was horrid, but now I'm almost 33 and I'm pretty sure the worst is behind me. In some ways I'm happy this happened now and not 20 yrs from now. It's nice to look forward to the future....six months ago it was difficult to breath, leaving my house made me panicky and I couldn't for the life of me figure out why anyone loved me..I was so tired, I just wanted to go away. So please, take this to heart - it will get better, you deserve to feel good and one day you'll wake up and realize that this is the first day of the rest of your life and you'll be happy.

Sorry, that went on for awhile, lol, and some of its probably a little corny, but for reals stick with it, one day at a time and all that jazz

Taisha
Old 10-21-2011, 04:28 AM

Default Hi..

Hi..
I m new here...and thanks for giving such nic info here...
thanks alots guys..