View Single Post
Old 08-08-2010, 12:00 PM
New User: cough cough

Hi Tasha,
We didn't get out fishing Sat. as it poured rain all day. Hopefully we will get out this afternoon.

Your recipe sounds yummy, but I don't think I can eat noodles if they are made with flour? Eggs are okay for me. Yesterday I ate three small pancakes with a tablespoon of syrup and my BS spiked to 20! I had to take 50u of insulin and a extra metformin to get the numbers down. I won't do that again.

For breakfast I'm having 4 oz of sole, 3 small carrots, 3 strawberries, decaf coffee with can milk.

For lunch I have packed 2 hard boiled eggs, strawberries, cheese, cole slaw, salsa (homemade) corn chip (no salt) they taste like cardboard but the make good scoops for the salsa. We are going out to run Duffy at the beach and then about 3pm we will try to fishing again, so I'll probably take the same for dinner except I'll add some left over roast beef. I'm taking my meter with me and my needles, so I can keep a tight reign on these BS.

Last night before I went to bed I had BS at 4.5, so I took 30u of cloudy insulin, one metformin, and 1/2 cup of fibre first cereal with milk. Gave me a fairly good morning reading of 6.4. My uncle used to eat a bit of rice before bed he said it gives the body something to work on when you are sleeping. He got this advice from his Dr. in Indiana, USA. Fibre First tastes like cardboard too.

I have been looking everywhere for diet info for people without a thyroid and I can't seem to find anything. I suppose you could follow a diet for low thyroid...

So, the ultra sound went well! I have had many ultra sounds and I must say they were a pleasant experience for me. CAT scans are bit scarry. How many children do you have? I have one daughter and three grandsons. I live on Southern Vancouver Island B.C.

Kind Regards,
Gail