View Single Post
Old 08-05-2010, 12:43 PM
New User: cough cough

Default BS Buddy

Hi Tashmama,
Good to meet you!
Although I知 older than you I feel we will have lots in common, I take care of my four year old grandson, so I知 busy with playschool and children痴 activities as well.

I知 225 lbs. today but have been over 230 as well. I would like to weigh 170-180, and be able to get off my insulin if possible. I also have arthritis pretty bad; lower back, hips, and neck, my feet really bother me too, it feels like there are pebbles in my socks even with orthotics.

I have taken celebrex to tylenol, not much really kills the pain so I just take Tylenol. At present I知 taking Synthroid, Losartan Hyzaar for B.Pressure, Lipitor, Metformin 3 per day, Novolin NPH 40 u 1x (cloudy) and Novolin Toronto (40 u 3x per day).

Being pregnant it is going to be hard controlling your weight, so you can only really go on your Blood Sugar readings to stay healthy. When I was in the hospital, my endocrinologist had control of of all my meds and food and he had trouble controlling my Blood Sugar, he ended up putting me on Rapid Novolin just to get somewhat normal readings.
Rapid Novolin is not covered and can be very expensive in my case, so I need eat right and lose these extra pounds.

When I知 keeping track I use an interactive chart I found on the internet, it makes it easy as I work on the computer in the morning and after dinner.
This mornings reading was 11.8 Not good. Time to go for a walk.

Kind Regards,
Gail

Google:
Weekly Logsheet - Gary Scheiner, MS, CDE