View Single Post
Old 07-13-2008, 10:04 PM
New User: cough cough

Default fatal lung cancer was given six months left to live need advice

hi there my father was diagnosed over a year ago with lung cancer at the time it was stage 3 non small cell lung cancer he went through a very aggresive chemo and radiation treatment lasting over seven weeks of going in for treatment every day. The lung cancer went into remission within a month he was hospitalized there was a large amount of fluid on his lung the inserted a drainage tube and drained the fluid. roughly a month after that the cancer was back but not on the lung it moved to his liver he went through another bout of chemo this time it did not help the tumour continued to grow and the cancer was back in the lung now! They began treating him with tarceva again no improvment, instead it spread to his stomach lining. My father has a very aggressive and rapid growing form of stage four non small cell lung cancer and was given a prognosis of six months left to live. the only treatment they are offering him is a clinical trial. but if he refuses to be part of the trial the refuse to give him medication to try to slow the rate of growth and will only give meds to help keep him comfortable in the next few months! unfortunatly i refuse to take that as exceptable treatment and am asking your help and advise in ways of getting help or treatments to help my father he is a father of four and grandfather to fourteen children that all need him very much! if there's anyony that can suggest treatments traditional or on tradaitional it would be greatly appreciated thank you so much