View Single Post
Old 10-04-2011, 09:38 PM
New User: cough cough

Question back to work . . . eek!

hello all, I'm a newbie to this forum, but I needed somewhere to express my thoughts, so here goes.

I have been off work for anxiety/depression for almost a year and I am supposed to go back in about a week or so. My meds and I have been doing really well for the past 3 months or so, but since this back to work thing started becoming more of a reality I've been not feeling so great. I even cried a couple of times this week, and I haven't done that in ages. (except for sad movies of course

I am very scared that when I go back that I will fall apart again . . . I know this is negative, unhelpful thinking but I can't help it - it keeps creeping into my thoughts every now and again. I was wanting to go back on a gradual return to work but they were 'unable to accommodate a gradual return' - what a crock of you-know-what.

It angers/saddens me that our "disability" is not recognized as a "real disability" - If I had broken some kind of bone, then I'm sure they'd bend over backwards to help me return to work - unfortunately my "scars" are internal and not so much healed as managed.

But on the other hand I am getting bored . . . there are only so many things I can cook/clean/look up on the internet etc. I want to go back to work, I'm just not so keen on jumping in the deep end, I'd rather wade slowly out to it.

Does anyone have any thoughts or experiences they'd like to share regarding return to work? good or bad - you can learn through both

xo taish