Old 12-23-2010, 05:26 PM
Active User: Feeling Good

Arrow Lemon to Kick-Start the Liver

Warm lemon water is the best. Warm water is used so as not to shock the system. I heat up Kangen water in kettle and use this to add to room temp K water then add fresh lemon juice. You can add a bit of stevia if this is too sour for you but you do become used to it. This is only about 1 teaspoon of FRESH lemon per glass - not a huge amount. I have 2 - 12 ounce glasses each morning to kick-start my liver and to activate natural morning detoxing of system. If you drink coffee, have dairy products, cereal, toast, tea or eat anything but fresh fruit during the morning the body will not detox for dense foods, sugar and caffeinated drinks stop the cleansing immediately. Since the liver is the major component of the digestive system and it malfunctions during active diabetic condition it behooves us to care for it tenderly. Lemon juice is full of Vit. C and antioxidants. Limes can be used as well. I sprinkle fresh lemon on steamed vegetables and just about everything else. Informative website:

[url]http://www.whfoods.com/genpage.php?tname=foodspice&dbid=27[/url]

then highlight (at the bottom of page for me) : Learn the health benefits of lemons

Last edited by Emmana; 12-23-2010 at 05:29 PM.
Old 12-23-2010, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by daeonline View Post
Actually, even though lemons are acidic by themselves, because of the citric acid, their effect on body chemistry ph is very alkaline. Since they also contain significant amounts of important vitamins and minerals, taking lemon with water every day is a very good idea! A slightely alkaline PH is critical to good health and what I learned about it at [URL="http://offto.net/KeysToHealth/"]http://offto.net/KeysToHealth/[/URL] really blew my mind!
Not just a slightly alkaline body PH. Ideally the ratio should be alkaline: 80% and acid: 20%. Our bodies would be unable to support a degenrative disease at this ratio...diabetes, arthritis, cancers and so much more are dependent upon highly acid body to activate.
Old 12-23-2010, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katharina View Post
Indeed. I may have to read up on this... I also want to find out what
benefits people who take apple cider vinegar are expecting from it.
Apple cider vinegar is beneficial unless you have active liver disease such as hepatitis or cirrohsis then it can be harmful so best to have lemon or lime when these conditions are present. NOTE: Hepatitis C infection increases chances active diabetes II (mellitus) 3 - 4 times the uninfected person. so be aware.
Old 12-25-2010, 07:39 AM

Merry Christmas to you and yours too!