Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-01-2010, 08:51 PM
Active User: Feeling Good

Cool Hi, I am new to this site

Hi. I have been suffering from depression since before I was a teenager. I'm 48 with two adult children and a fifteen month old grandson. I have some good days, but when I have bad days I sometimes feel like curling up in a ball and I just want to sleep my days away. I have a super husband (my second marriage) who will remind me of my medicine at those bad times and will convince me to get up and out of the house or go to see the doctor. I am holding down a fulltime job plus I was working one day a week for two years at another job that I loved. In Oct. I quit my partime job because of scheduling issues and then in Dec. my son moved to a different province. Since these events happened, I have been struggling with this demon (depression) more than usual. The brightest part of my week is when I see my grandson. My councellor suggested to go on a forum because I have a hard time talking about this to others. I already feel a little better knowing I'm not the only one who has the same struggles that I face.