Old 01-09-2009, 11:03 AM
New User: cough cough

Default Headaches, Pain around eyes, anxiety.. exgf problems

Hi, I'm a 20 year old from Toronto, Canada.. I could really use some help.. if theres anyone out there..

I'm actually on the way back from visiting a ex girlfriend, and it didn't go so well because it emotionally and physically killed me.. it brought back too many memories etc.. and I havn't moved on yet.. even though its like years that we've broken up.. I'm going to go see a psychologist when I get back.. but thats not the real issue here..

I've been getting these headaches for a few years now and it started around like left eye.. and I believe it made it lazy a bit.. and then 2 years ago.. a bump appeared on the top right of my head and its been getting sore and giving me headaches like crazy.. it seems to affect my right eye.. My vision is getting worse even though I don't need glasses.. and whenever I exercise or don't eat right or don't drink enough water the headache and area hurts sooo much, and it seems to go from the top of my head to my neck etc.. its weird.. and Never really seen a doctor about it..
If you could please help me explain this situation to the doctor it'd be great I'm thinking of heading to emergency tomorrow as I don't have a family doctor neither can I find one...
If anyone else even has a clue what it is either please let me know.. if I can this pain/issues with my eyes etc gone I could happily get on with my life and MOVE ON!!
Thanks dearly.
Old 01-09-2009, 03:52 PM
Experienced User: Healthy

First off, get over the GF if you can but I don't think that is your problem so I would get checked out anyway. Go to a clinic first because sometimes you can ask the doc you are seeing there if he/she will take you as a patient and sometimes they will, that is how we do it here anyway when the list of accepting DR's is low plus the clinics here carry a list of DR's that are accepting new patients. Note if you don't like the DR you see there wait till your next visit in hopes to find another you are more comfortable with at the clinic if you are not in a real serious medical state that is. Also look at rateyourmd site to see if you can locate DR's accepting and you can also see their patient/DR relationship ratings and hopefully find one that is said to be great. This is not a proven guarentee of course but a good one shows high and how could you go wrong if lots post possitively about him/her.
I am not sure I would start off with telling a doctor that my pain is from emotional stress, They tend to tell you to go home and sleep it off then, let the Doc do a full medical work over in the medical way first and see if there is a real medical problem. Stress as far as I know does not usually show physical bumps but ya never know, still let the doc tell you what it is and yet don't deny if asked if stress is your main problem because maybe he/she will have decided on their own that it could be such by then.