Old 04-07-2010, 02:59 AM
New User: cough cough

Default Male Circumcission

Hi. I'm a 20 year old male that has phimosis. ( I can retract the foreskin with discomfort when non erect but during an erection it is impossible, and sex is often unconfortable) . I've always thought about getting cut but was always afraid and shy about going to a doctor, but ongoing infections and stinging pain at the head of my penis got me go to a uroligist. This was about 4 months ago, and he said that circumcision seems to be the best option. I was given a whole bunch of creams to try about first and tried stretching, and the creams have helped with the pain. However, the phimosis hasnt gotten any better. So I got to see another uroligst for a second opinion and he also said cirumsision is my only option.

I'm going to be cut in 2 weeks and I'm just simply afraid of it. I wanna point out that I'm not getting this done because of cosmetics but because of the infections, phimosis and its just really frustrating for me.

Is the aftermath really as horrible as I've read around the net? Is there a possiblilty I won't be able to have sex for more than a year? And will the sensitivity be gone?

I'd really appreciate some feedback, because I'm terrified at this point, but I don't want to deal with this phimosis for the rest of my life! Thanks for any answers