Old 05-28-2011, 11:43 AM
New User: cough cough

Default Nerve sheath tumour

I am a woman with Cerbral Palsy that has been ambulatory all my life. In 2002 I ended up with severe back pain. MRI showed disc degenration, osteo arthritis and spinal stenosis. About 6 months ago another flare up and another MRI was ordered. The results are as follows:L1-L2:normal, L3-L4:disc dessication and moderate disc buldge and central annular disc tear. Severe of the ligamentum flavum and moderate degerative change to the facet joints. L4-L5: Disc desiccatiion and central and right paraceentral annual disc tear and moderate diffuse disc buldgeMild spial stenosis is seen. L5-S1: Disc ddesication without significant disc buldge. Moderate bilateral degenerative facet change and moderate to severe right and moderate left ligamentum favum thickening and possible ossification. Right nueral foreman is patent. Left neural foramen is patent. There is focal thickening of the exiting left L5 nerve toot, measuring18X13 mm. Now it appears to be much bigger than prior exam and possibly a nerve sheath tumour. Is this serious? I have been waiting one month to a refferral to an nuero surgeon and now my appointment is 3 weeeks away. I am very scared. Can anyone give me any information.