Old 05-08-2008, 11:17 PM
New User: cough cough

Default pimples after 30

I'm going on 33 and still i have acne, not as bad as when i was a teenager, but i find more around the neckline, what's the latest effective medication that works out there?
Old 05-09-2008, 08:39 AM
Experienced User: Healthy

I continued to have skin issues into my 30s. Some of mine were related to shaving.

Otherwise, I had my best results after I stopped using a wash cloth. I use medicated pads instead.
Old 05-09-2008, 08:15 PM
Active User: Feeling Good

check laundry detergents, fabric of collars, pillows etc. something may be irritating it.
i had severe acne and it didnt go away.i still have it.
things like birth control pills help regulate hormones
examining diet and exercise. temperature of rooms,
basically be a detective and examine what is causing it.
if its you then consult a doctor
Old 05-10-2008, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jshebas View Post
I'm going on 33 and still i have acne, not as bad as when i was a teenager, but i find more around the neckline, what's the latest effective medication that works out there?
Try getting an acne wash that contains Salicylic Acid, or White Willow Bark, which contains Salicylic Acid.

This substance is the active ingredient in aspirin, and will help clear up your acne if used on a regular basis. Do a patch test first to see if it causes any problems, though. New sensitivities can develop throughout our lives.

If you experience dryness, use the wash less often or treat the area with a little vitamin E to promoted healing.
Old 05-10-2008, 05:35 PM

I don't get a lot of pimples but I do get more now in my 30's then I did in high school. I seem to get them right around that dreaded time of the month.
Old 05-13-2008, 09:02 PM

I still get them now and then. I think it is punishment as when i was a teenager I was lucky as it was not much of a problem for me. I guess I'm being punished in my later life.
Old 05-14-2008, 11:34 PM

For some reason, my forehead has been pretty bad lately, when I rarely had skin issues. It won't seem to go away.

I have heard witch hazel is great as a toner for pimple-prone skin, but it didn't seem to help me.
Old 05-27-2008, 10:45 AM

Do you think that acne is diet-related?

When I was a kid I heard that and mine seemed to be, but I'm not sure now if it actually was or not.
Old 05-27-2008, 03:11 PM

Strangely, a huge nasty pimple has appeared on my chin; I've never really had alot of issues with acne and/of pimples. It's time to break out the witch hazel!
Old 05-28-2008, 01:36 AM

I've had a few acne flare-ups since my hysterectomy, probably the result of hormone fluctuations. I use the three step cleansing system from Clinique, and that seems to take care of it okay.
Old 05-28-2008, 03:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taggart View Post
Do you think that acne is diet-related?

When I was a kid I heard that and mine seemed to be, but I'm not sure now if it actually was or not.

I don't think diet is the only cause, but yes I do think that it is related. If you put junk into your body it should be no surprise when your body does not work optimaly.

Hormonal changes probably result in most acne breakouts, and I notice that my skin suffers when I feel stressed.
Old 06-05-2008, 06:12 PM

My husband is 36 and he still has skin problems. He has to avoid orange juice because that always makes his spots worse, I'm not sure why.
Old 06-05-2008, 08:50 PM

I think that pimples are diet related. You need a natural detox. After the detox you will see the pimples diminishing and your face glowing. You cannot go back to eating the foods that you did after the detox if you want the pimples to stay away.
Old 06-08-2008, 10:27 AM

latest update: washing my face with apricot scrub, st ives for blemish and black heads, 2toning with tea tree oil, 3 mask every 3 days with baking soda, sounds crazy but my skin has improved, but not enough to satisfy me, keep on with the tips thanks all.
Old 06-08-2008, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HealthandLove View Post
I think that pimples are diet related. You need a natural detox. After the detox you will see the pimples diminishing and your face glowing. You cannot go back to eating the foods that you did after the detox if you want the pimples to stay away.
can you provide more information on Detox please
Old 06-08-2008, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HealthandLove View Post
I certainly think diet is a factor, but I think acne is much more complex than that. For people who suffer bad acne there are no simple answers.
Old 07-10-2008, 07:05 AM

This is strange. I think your skin is very oily you should avoid oily food and wash your face with a oily skin face wash.
Old 02-14-2009, 01:31 AM

Default Salicylic Acid

My hubby still gets occasional outbreaks especially during stressful times and he's found that Salicylic Acid-based ointments seem to help. Sage mentioned them earlier and they seem to be effective for him.
Old 05-18-2009, 04:34 AM

I still suffer from acne on a monthly bases and am 32. It really only flares up during that time and for a few days before and after. My Mom said to talk to my doctor next time I'm in and she might be able to recommend something, so I will have to do that.
Old 06-24-2009, 10:34 PM

my latest update, i've tried pro active, my acne got worst, i think maybe i'm allergic to the BP, so back to spectro until i receive Avon product for acne, we'll see stay tuned