View Single Post
Old 09-05-2008, 01:13 PM
New User: cough cough

Unhappy entire back in constant pain

Hope someone can help me! I have been suffering from back pain for years with no relief! I was diagnosed with scoliosis when I was about thirteen, but it is not bad enough to require surgery or anything. I have a lot of pain between my shoulder blades where the curve is, however I also have a lot of lower back pain, below my rib cage, and a lot of neck pain as well. When I go for a walk or stand for a long period I get a burning pain on my right shoulder and neck. I have had many incidents where I have thrown my whole back out which completely incapacitates me for a week (when it happens it knocks me to the ground it is so bad). I am very stiff for about fifteen minutes when I wake up most mornings and sometimes the back aches cause excruciating head aches. I have been to massage therapy, chiropractors, physiotherapists, and have worked out at the gym to strengthen my core. I have taken muscle relaxants, balms, ice, heat, icy hot, you name it - nothing works! I love to be active but instead i am totally fatigued all the time - I'm losing all quality in my life! Does anyone have any recommendations??