View Single Post
Old 05-30-2011, 03:07 PM
New User: cough cough

Default Wanted: Stories and Art dealing with Mental Health and Addictions

Hi,
I'm looking for some help with a personal project..
I am in the process of compiling an online magazine dedicated exclusively to stories, experiences and art dealing with mental health and addictions. My hope is to give a voice to some underrepresented groups while providing interesting and compelling material to the reader.
Currently the plan is to self-publish the magazine online and eventually secure some funding for a print version. For now all submissions are not compensated but if the magazine goes to print, deffered payment will be made to contributors.

I am hoping to compile a series of stories and first person accounts related to mental health and addiction issues.

If you would like to submit your stories, experiences, art, poetry, etc.

Please do so at: sowhatonline at gmail dot com

You may remain anonymous if you choose.

I am specifically looking for the following but am interested in anything engaging and compelling as long as it deals with the subject of mental health and addictions.

- experiences with OCD
- experiences with HPPD (hallucinogen persisting perception disorder
- first person stories/accounts of life with schizophrenia or bi-polar disorder
- your own personal tactics of kicking a drug cold turkey, do you have a system? Can you provide a step by step 'user guide' for quitting cold turkey for drugs like heroin, methamphetamine, crack/cocaine, alcohol, prescription pain medicine, anti-psychotics, anti depressants
- personal accounts of multiple relapses
- Art work; painting, photography, etc. by people affected by mental health or addiction issues
- Poetry by people affected by mental health or addiction issues

Thanks.