View Single Post
Old 04-17-2011, 01:46 PM
New User: cough cough

Hi,
I had experienced the same symptons as you, when I was about your age. But then, when at 23 years old, I had left eye blurred vision and left side of face became insensitive when I was shaving it. In the same time, my legs felt heavy and lacked coordination when walking, I could not run.

After myeline tests were done, it confirmed MS. There were no medication at the time, 1969. The neurologist had suggested vitamin B12, which helped to recover some strenght but not all. As for the sexual dysfonction, It didn't seem any different but had lost some sensitivity. Just two months married at the time, the neuro had suggested I had children as soon as possible, which I conceived and my wife luckyly, had two healthy children.

For some unexplicable reason, I had a relatively good life till I turned 41, then lost the ability to have erections just like that, without any other signs. When one morning, I woke just as tired as the night before. I began to feel very tired again. I had continued working but seeked doctor's help. In 1974, when MRI had been available, MS was still seen in my brain. I could no loger hold my job and when turned 50, I had to use a cane, then a walker at 55 and a wheelchair at 57.

I hope my real story doesnt get you too scared, I wish you get better and that today's available medication can help you.

Year 45