View Single Post
Old 04-02-2011, 06:19 PM
New User: cough cough

Default 20 Year-Old Experiencing MS-like symptoms, erectile dysfunction in 5 days

I have been feeling really strange recently. I am a 20-year old male in good health (or used to be). I live in Calgary, Alberta.

About a week ago, during the late evening, upon going to sleep, I noticed a large tingling sensation in my hands and legs, which moved around to other parts of my body. It was really hard to sleep that night. Nonetheless, I slept through it, and the next morning it was gone. I only noticed it was a little harder to move my hands afterwards. Yet this was just barely noticeable.

Things were fine after that, and then about 6 days later, upon seeing the doctor about my condition, I began experiencing the symptoms again, this time worse. When at the doctor, I was told that my reflexes were fine and that I was not losing strength in my legs when she performed tests. I noticed that day that I was particularily tired, and came home exhausted. In lecture, I noticed a difference in my mouth or jaw. I noticed it was less easy to make certain sounds like interdental fricatives [s] or sibilants. Upon eating, I notice it's harder to chew and swollow. I struggled to sleep knowing the potential condition of MS.

I did manage to sleep, however, and the next morning, my hands felt better but still tingly nonetheless. I performed fine for a couple hours, but in the afternoon, I suddenly felt tired again and could no longer focus. I arrived home to get my blood tests and xray done in order to confirm what was going on.

I am still waiting on these results.

The next evening, my hands felt better than the last day, but my jaw felt more "pressed". I noticed that it was difficult for me to gargle upon going to bed. Then, I remembered that erectile dysfunction was a common symptom of MS. I checked to see if I could get an erection, and noticed I could no longer do so. I noticed I felt much less in the genetalia, and that nothing happened whatsoever upon stimulation. This is complete sexual dysfunction.

I am wondering if this is a normal primary symptom of MS, given I have only been feeling "strange" for less than a week. Is it possible to achieve complete sexual dysfunction in 5 days? I recall doing just fine 5 days ago. Also, I am 20. Can MS completely demylenate the connections to those nerves (ie. Vegas nerve) responsible for attaining an erection?

In the mean time, 1 day later, I now write this post hoping that someone may be able to speculate why I am experiencing what I am experiencing. It may be the case that I have MS, and in the case that someone else like me is experiencing similar symptoms, I would also like them to know the reason so that they can quickly see their doctor and so that they can perhaps avoid what I am experiencing now.

Thanks to anyone who responds.