Old 03-27-2008, 03:26 PM
Active User: Feeling Good

Default Safe Dating Tips

What tips can you offer to somebody on their first day with no prior experience with the person they are on a date with?

I would say to make sure that you have a phone with you. You should have an outlet of communication in case something goes horribly wrong.
Old 09-18-2008, 08:01 AM
Experienced User: Healthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jewel View Post
What tips can you offer to somebody on their first day with no prior experience with the person they are on a date with?

I would say to make sure that you have a phone with you. You should have an outlet of communication in case something goes horribly wrong.
Having a phone is good, yes... another thing I'd suggest is to make sure someone knows where you will be. I don't think it's a good idea to allow yourself to be picked up with no idea of where you'll be going (thus not be able to tell someone where you'll be for a safety precaution.)
Old 09-18-2008, 07:08 PM

I would suggest you tell someone where you are going and who with. Arrange to ring your friend by a certain time to confirm you are safe, if you don't ring your friend should contact you. Your first meeting should be in a public place and it is wise not to tell him/her where you live until you feel safe.
Old 09-19-2008, 09:26 PM

All good ideas. I'd also have the first date in a public place, a restaurant or theatre.
I'm sure we're all too wise to need this advise, but don't let hormones get the best of you. You need to know whether this wonderful first date has HIV/AIDS, genital herpes, etc etc; it's really awkward to ask on the first date, so wait til you know them better.
Old 09-21-2008, 03:39 PM

I agree with the idea of meeting in a public place.

I'd suggest using condoms if and when the relationship got to the intimacy level, because even if you know someone well, they may not even know if they're carrying something communicable.