Old 06-28-2008, 12:59 AM
Experienced User: Healthy

Default Would you read your favorite eatery's health inspection report?

If you're in Alberta, you can do so as of July 1. I'm not sure I'd want to know actually LOL. I bet the eating places are quaking in their boots! Can you imagine how it would decimate business if you got a bad one?

Not that I think that's wrong as it can only improve hygiene but hopefully the reports will come along with some kind of guidelines explaining them and the severity of the violations to the uninitiated.

[url]http://www.cbc.ca/consumer/story/2008/06/26/restaurant-inspections.html[/url]
Old 06-29-2008, 02:43 PM
Active User: Feeling Good

i can see some cut throat competition. send in someone to sabatoge the restaurant. will the report say it was the restaurant's fault or a bad employee who was at fault.
Old 06-29-2008, 10:17 PM

This is one of those things that I wouldn't want to know but at the same time would have this compulsion to read. It would be a shame to find a place I like to eat at on the list of bad places.
Old 06-30-2008, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmick View Post
i can see some cut throat competition. send in someone to sabatoge the restaurant. will the report say it was the restaurant's fault or a bad employee who was at fault.
That's a good point. I don't suppose it would be too difficult at all to totally
sabotage the competition. Just do something and call the health inspectors
on the other place.
Old 06-30-2008, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenity View Post
If you're in Alberta, you can do so as of July 1. I'm not sure I'd want to know actually LOL. I bet the eating places are quaking in their boots! Can you imagine how it would decimate business if you got a bad one?
I think I'd want to know if there was a problem at my favorite restaurant,
yes. I'd be sad to find out that something is wrong, but it's sure a lot better
than taking a risk with the health of my family.
Old 06-30-2008, 07:08 PM

Yes I guess I would like to know if there is something wrong happening at my favorite place to eat. So I guess I would read it.
Old 06-30-2008, 07:24 PM

Oh, Alberta, it sounds like a blessing and a curse!
I've read a few autobiographies of cooks (Anthony Bourdain's is quite funny) and they all seem to say (in so many words or right out) that the best restaurants are a bit...untidy, shall we say.
Old 07-08-2008, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mollyL View Post
I've read a few autobiographies of cooks (Anthony Bourdain's is quite funny) and they all seem to say (in so many words or right out) that the best restaurants are a bit...untidy, shall we say.
Eeeeew, I don't think I like the way this thread is going. I'll admit I've wondered what the food prep area of my favorite Chinese buffet looks like but at the same time, there's never been a problem with the food, so I wasn't *that* curious to know.