Old 03-22-2008, 07:24 PM
Experienced User: Healthy

Default Cabbage Soup Diet

I've heard this diet slated, though I know little about how it is supposed to work. Cabbage soup is presumably very low in fat, which would be good for a diet. So what is it about this diet which is supposed to be so bad?
Old 03-22-2008, 09:09 PM

A friend told me about the cabbage diet a few years back. Isn't it that you are only supposed to eat the cabbage soup, and nothing else?
Old 03-23-2008, 09:51 AM

That sounds like one that I tried with my wife a few years ago.

I think there's a schedule when you can only eat various foods on certain days, but you can have as much soup as you want all the time.

Does that sound like the one you're referring to?

For me, the cravings did me in.
Old 03-23-2008, 08:08 PM

Default cabbage soup

I tried this diet years ago. But really can't say if it works or not. I was young and did not stay on it very long.
Old 03-24-2008, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green-Moo View Post
I've heard this diet slated, though I know little about how it is supposed to work. Cabbage soup is presumably very low in fat, which would be good for a diet. So what is it about this diet which is supposed to be so bad?
I'm not familiar with this diet in particular but I'd have to guess that the "bad" part about it is that any diet that focuses on one or a few foods and cuts out some of the nutrients we need in other foods is by definition a fad diet.

They just don't work. You lose a little weight but then eventually you need to start eating properly again and at that time, the weight just comes back and the dieter ends up feeling like a failure.
Old 03-25-2008, 02:54 PM

If I remember correctly, the version of the diet that we tried pretty much contained all of the food groups over the course of a week, and we did lose some weight the first time.

I don't think the weight loss was all that fast. I suppose if we hadn't gone back to old habits, the weight would have stayed off.
Old 05-06-2008, 09:45 PM
Active User: Feeling Good

Here's some info about it. It's also called the Sacred Heart Soup Diet: [url]http://sacredheartsoup.com[/url].

[URL="http://sacredheartsoup.com"]
[/URL]

I did this diet and it worked pretty well because you can eat an unlimited amount of food but it has to be food from the list. You eat as much soup as you can and on one day you can eat only fruits and vegetables, another day requires that you drink milk and eat bananas, etc. It goes for 7 days and you can lose up to 20 lbs. It's supposed to help detox as well as jump start weight loss. It can be a good quick fix or springboard diet but not a long term solution.
Healthy News, A Today.com Blog