Old 03-06-2008, 04:30 AM
Experienced User: Healthy

I can't imagine why anyone would want to have the circumcision operation as an adult, unless there was a medical reason for it. And in the case of a medical reason, then I guess the pain of the op issue would be secondary to the pain of the medical problem.

I don't agree with circumcision of infants. I've never heard a convincing enough argument to make me agree that removing parts of a child that are supposed to be there is a good thing.
Old 03-23-2008, 06:25 PM

Our nephew, who is three months older than our son, was not circumcised, and our son was. He got a few infections when he was in diapers, but also has had some off and on as an older child and adult. One unforeseen complication of keeping his foreskin was that we took the kids to the beach when they were younger, and our nephew happened to get some sand under his foreskin. The poor kid was in alot of pain, and even after a soak in the tub and a couple of good rinses, he had raw patches on his penis that didn't go away for a week or so. My circumcised son had not one problem with the sand.
Old 03-27-2008, 02:38 PM
Active User: Feeling Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by mollyL View Post
Our nephew, who is three months older than our son, was not circumcised, and our son was. He got a few infections when he was in diapers, but also has had some off and on as an older child and adult. One unforeseen complication of keeping his foreskin was that we took the kids to the beach when they were younger, and our nephew happened to get some sand under his foreskin. The poor kid was in alot of pain, and even after a soak in the tub and a couple of good rinses, he had raw patches on his penis that didn't go away for a week or so. My circumcised son had not one problem with the sand.
That is what I have heard from a lot of people, and why I have always thought of getting a son circumcised as being the safest way to prevent infections "down there".
Old 04-14-2008, 02:53 AM

Hell I would assume that it does if it hurts a new born baby.
Old 05-22-2008, 08:56 AM

In the Jewish religion a boy gets circumcised when he is 8 days old. This is called the Bris. The baby cries when this happens although they do not have any pain relief the crying usually stops fairly quickly. After that there is no bother and no pain. It is a short term pain. With an adult I am not sure but, I think they would put your friend to sleep whilst they do it. Also it is good for hygiene purposes so I can understand your friend wanting to have it done.
Old 05-22-2008, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jewel View Post
That is what I have heard from a lot of people, and why I have always thought of getting a son circumcised as being the safest way to prevent infections "down there".
Then why don't we also cut off our ears so we don't have to clean wax from them?
Old 05-26-2008, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageMother View Post
Then why don't we also cut off our ears so we don't have to clean wax from them?
Fabulous rejoinder SageMother, that I'll have to try and remember for the next time I'm having this discussion!
Old 10-01-2008, 06:19 PM
New User: cough cough

I am 29 and I am having a circumcision because the skin at the end of my foreskin has lost it's elasticity. I honestly don't want to lose it all, I love having a foreskin because the head of my penis is pretty sensitive and i love it....I am trying to see if i can maybe get a partial instead of the full cut but I guess have to talk to my doctor before the procedure. This by no means is a hygiene issue the medical term is known as Phimosis....
Old Yesterday, 08:01 PM

well im going in on nov 20 2008 to have it done so i will let you know after how painful it is
Old Yesterday, 08:12 PM

not becase of hygiene either its what i think they call progiea the skin has got tighter at the opening and the skin splits when its pushed over the end so short term pain is better then another 50 or more years of this type of pain