Old 05-28-2008, 09:53 AM
Super Moderator

Default What is the best deodorant without aluminum?

I i've been doing a lot of greening up lately, everything from 100% recyclable toilet paper to a recyclable toothbrush. I also switched to organic bread in order to avoid GMO products.

Now i'd like to find a deodorant or preferably antiperspirant without aluminum that can actually compete with a mans sweat.

Any experiences?
Old 05-28-2008, 02:08 PM
Experienced User: Healthy

I would love to know of a good brand also. My husband cannot seem to find one that actually does a good job. Hopefully someone on here will have some recommendations.
Old 05-30-2008, 04:12 AM
Active User: Feeling Good

Have you checked your local herbal/natural food type store? They often have a little section that might have a deodorant that would work for you.
Old 05-30-2008, 09:51 AM

Have you tried the crystal deodorant?

I've had a couple of those, but I accidentally dropped them and they broke. I used to use them with an antiperspirant.
Old 05-31-2008, 06:00 AM

Default natural deodorant that works

This is the first natural deodorant I've tried that's really worked on all levels. It's called "herbal clear naturally!" clear unscented. It says Aluminum Free, but it does have Vit A and chamomile. Distributed thru [url]www.21stcenturyvitamins.com[/url], made in Canada (yay!) You don't need but a couple of swipes and it lasts a long time.
Old 05-31-2008, 09:57 PM

Thank you so much. I have not tried that brand yet. I have tried some in the local health food store but they don't have very many at all to choose from. Thanks again.
Old 06-01-2008, 12:57 PM

I used to use one of the crystal ones, and found it really effective. You just dampen either your body or the crystal, rub it over, and it leaves a thin layer of the crystal salts on your skin.
Old 09-19-2008, 05:04 AM

I tried the crystal and it worked for a while, had to go back to the other for a while then tried the crystal again. I told my sister inlaw about it and she said no one would sit near her so she went back to the other stuff. I think the crystal depends on the body's ability to use it. I found that I had a cyst after many years of using the store bought stuff and it went on till my doctor said get off the stuff and find something else. I decided since the crystal is only good for so long that I should try using the other stuff on only half of the arm pit and it works for me. Not sure about aluminum but I should start checking too. I alternate the top part of the arm pit for a while and then the lower part for a while. The cyst is gone and never came back so it must be working without totally blocking the ability to sweat some. I wish they would not put stuff like aluminum in our products.
Old 09-19-2008, 09:20 PM

Unfortunately, the added aluminum is the ingredient that is the antiperspirant. I usually use powder in the summer to keep down the sweating. There are some really good baby powders that you can use. Find a powder to use after your deodorant (powder under the arms and under the breasts works quite well.)
One more thing, remind your family and friends that they need to switch to solids, as the aerosol isn't good for the ozone level.
Old 09-19-2008, 10:44 PM

Well there ya go, didn't know that it was what did the job, there must be other stuff that would do the same or similar because I have to wonder if the aluminum was what caused the cyst or if it was the inability to put out sweat while wearing it every day over the whole arm pit. Of course I let the task become a part of my daily routine so there was never a day really that I had none on, No if I am home and could deal with it should I crack a sweat I don't always put it on unless I know I will be doing something that will be sure to need it. I put it on to go out but like I said only on half of the arm pit and so far no cyst, What a relief!
Old 09-20-2008, 12:59 AM

From what I've been told, there are natural deodorants, but the very act of stopping perspiration is considered unnatural by purists and no health food stores I know of seem to carry any antiperspirants. If you find a good deodorant, I'd also like to know. Most of the ones I tried worked well enough, but they also left some stains on my clothes.
Old 04-20-2009, 02:14 AM

What smells is bacteria that causes body odour an ofcourse its in the moisture or sweat. But when we sweat we sweat all over right? Our foreheads, legs, arms. Ive never had a bad odour coming from the seat on my fore head but bactria under thenm arm are protected by its enclosed space all day and night. Ive heard some plants kill the bacteria. Cleaning under the arms with an anibacterial lotion will help along with keeping the moisture bacteria thrive in out of your arm pit with regular applications of baby powder.
Old 08-25-2009, 01:20 PM
New User: cough cough

I was doing some research because, living in Toronto, I figured there would be alot of options - the stains in your clothes are actually caused by the aluminum in the antiperspirant (if you use those) and it gets baked in due to a chemical process.. to take it out, make a paste of baking soda and a bit of water and scrub it in with an old toothbrush. let it sit in the sun a few hours then activate the baking soda by scrubbing with a vinegar-dipped toothbrush. then handwash or chuck in the machine. If that doesnt work, next squeeze out some lemon juice (From a REAL lemon - juice in the bottle has dye!) and let it sit in the sun til it dries. the lemon is a bleaching agent and when you wash your shirt again the stains should be pretty much completely removed.
Also, Uncle Tom's makes a nice smelling antiperspirant with honeysuckle which can be bought at health stores, but it doesnt last very long and I find i have to reapply it every hour or two.
Old 12-20-2009, 12:06 PM

Well so far I've tried Nature's Gate Organics and Jason's. Jason's worked better for me.

What i realized is that it's a bacterial problem. Even after i wash my armpits with soap and even shampoo they smell shortly afterwords.

Lime and baking soda works for me. I do it maybe once a week and use either one of the products mentioned above and no more worries.

The natural products don't prevent you from perspiring, they just mask the odor. Going non-antiperspirant is a big step forward. Now i only use antiperspirant for special occasions ;-)
Old 03-03-2011, 11:13 AM

Default Aluminum free deodorant that works

I’ve used all sorts of commercial /homemade no-aluminum remedies and none was effective in stopping the odor until I found DeodoMoM when searching for toxic-free products during my pregnancy. And I had such a positive experience that my husband got tired of fighting with me and he too uses it now. It contains no aluminum, no color, and no scent – the stuff that irritates most sensitive skins. Good luck. www.30someweeks.com
Old 04-03-2011, 12:07 PM

Default Deodomom? Wow!

Wow – can’t say enough good things about Deodomom cream. I ordered a sample after reading the review by “christipur84” (thank you, thank you) with very little expectations – I’ve used all sorts of product in the past and none worked for me. But I love this cream, from the simple and home-made packaging that it arrived in, to how you are supposed to rub it on your skin like a lotion, to how it dries clear and without flakes, and most importantly, to how it lasts not only the entire day, but an extra day too for those lazy days if you know what I mean. It’s the best deodorant I’ve ever used – period – and the only one I will use from now on. Thanks again christipur84 for posting the info.
Old 04-14-2011, 08:06 PM

Default Deodorant

I make an all natural cream deodorant it is amazing, it is made with cornstarch,baking soda,vegetable glycerin and essential oils . I sell it and the great thing is it comes in jars no plastic to put in landfills and for my Toronto customers I refill the jar and give the savings to you.
check it out http://www.mynaturaldeodorant.com
Old 07-22-2011, 11:49 AM

Smile A good deodorant will have some sort of aluminum in it

Have you tried a deodorant powder ?
I have a terribly bad funky armpit odour, like cockroach smell, so I need deodorant. however not just any deodorant, because I don't want it to clog up my skin or give me bad smell afterwards. I've been using UARMSOL deodorant for many years now and I have no more armpit odours. Atleast this deodorant doesn't have chemicals, oil or fragrances. The deodorant pwd works even when you stop using it for a day or 2 because it doesn't leave you smelling bad afterwards unlike other deodorants out there. Even when I sweat I don't have any odours, this deodorant works great and I'm loving it. I can't go out in the day without putting it on. I applied 1 pinch and it's all to it for the whole day without worries about any smell afterwards. There's no after sport smell or odour masking. I would recommend it to anyone who has underarm odour.
Old 11-16-2011, 01:37 PM

Default Natural deodorant

Hi…
I read your post and really you have done a great effort, I think its one of the great deodorant but I have something to recommend you to use the same thing “Deodorant” I visit many sites and blogs most of the deodorant like but the problem they are not satisfy me but at last I visit http://www.naturallyfreshdeodorantcrystal.com/ this then this product satisfied me at every aspects of the product that’s why I said to all of u to use this and feel the differences.

Thanks
Old 11-20-2011, 10:32 AM

Default Natural deodorant

Hi…
I read your post and really you have done a great effort, I think its one of the great deodorant but I have something to recommend you to use the same thing “Deodorant” I visit many sites and blogs most of the deodorant like but the problem they are not satisfy me but at last I visit this then this product satisfied me at every aspects of the product that’s why I said to all of u to use this and feel the differences.
Thanks