HealthPost.ca - Health Forum Canada

HealthPost.ca - Health Forum Canada (/)
-   General Chat (/forums/healthpost-ca/general-chat/)
-   -   Sore throat and longs - Antibiotics? (/forums/healthpost-ca/general-chat/3412-sore-throat-longs-antibiotics.html)

Slicster 12-13-2011 07:51 AM

Sore throat and lungs - Antibiotics?

Hello All,
I recently developed a throat infection that eventually got to my lungs. I went to see the doctor once it got into my lungs because I have a mild case of Asthma and I wanted to be certain it wasn't too serious. I usually like my body to heal itself so I haven't taken the antibiotics that were prescribed yet. I am feeling better and I am sure it will go away on its own now but I'm wondering if me getting better means my body has already developed its own antibodies? If so, can I start taking the antibiotics to speed up the process without my immune system becoming weaker due to antibiotic treatment? From what I know it is supposed to be much better to let your body fight for itself to develop a strong immune system so will me taking the antibiotics now affect my immune system because then I would rather not take them. Let me know what you guys think considering I am feeling much better already.

Thanks.

Nick.