Old 04-13-2008, 12:57 AM
Active User: Feeling Good

Default Seasonal Allergies

I have severe seasonal allergies as well as many indoor allergies. Right now the seasonal allergies are at their worst due to all the plants and trees pollenating. My nose drips, my thoat and eyes itch and I get headaches. I take some allergy medication and use nasal sprays too. It's hard because I love gardening and being outside.
Old 04-25-2008, 10:04 PM
Experienced User: Healthy

I get them too, ozzie. The thing I find with allergy medication though is that it makes me really drowsy. It's not ideal when you have a lot to do during the day but I take them anyway because I'm very allergic to mosquito bites. For gardening, I find I cope better early in the morning or around dusk when it's still light enough to see what you're doing.
Old 04-25-2008, 10:29 PM

Default Pollen Count

I try to keep a watch on the daily pollen count and avoid working outside when it's really high. Today the pollen count was extremely high, over 2000. My husband and I took a short walk but I didn't work outside at all!
Old 04-27-2008, 07:10 PM

My husband has pretty bad seasonal allergies too. He uses Claritin.
Old 04-27-2008, 09:20 PM

I use Claritin, too. I've found it works better than similar products and keeps me feeling good longer. And it doesn't make me drowsy.
Old 04-28-2008, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calypso View Post
I use Claritin, too. I've found it works better than similar products and keeps me feeling good longer. And it doesn't make me drowsy.
I just bought Claritin for my daughter and I really hope it helps. She's had a terrible problem with allerigies for two springs now. I wanted to try the new stuff (new to OTC I mean) but it's soooo expensive that I thought we'd try the Claritin first.
Old 04-28-2008, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calypso View Post
That's exactly what my husband says. Other stuff makes him drowsy and he loves that Claritin doesn't.
Old 04-29-2008, 09:37 AM

My partner has been very badly affected by the pollen from the fir trees this year. I think it has been particularly heavy this year. As you drive alaong the road you can see clouds of yellow/green dust being stirred up by the car in front.
Old 04-29-2008, 01:27 PM

My poor husband is getting one sinus headache after another these days. He uses the generic for nasal spray and antihistamine. He says one of the best ways to leave for work and not get drippy doing it is having several strong cups of coffee (the only coffee he drinks in a day) after he has taken his "snurfy medicine". Don't know if this is necessarily good for him, but this is the only trick he has that developed to deal with his allergies.
Old 09-04-2010, 05:18 AM
New User: cough cough

This type of allergy refers to a pollen allergy, such as trees, weeds and grasses. Perennial allergies, on the other hand, are usually present year-round, and include allergens such as pet dander and house dust mite.
Old 06-06-2011, 08:10 AM
New User: cough cough

I'm one of thsoe who suffer from<a href="http://www.protene.com"> health shop</a>seasonal allergies. Especially i'm very affected by the pollen

Last edited by ella1985; 06-16-2011 at 04:44 AM.
Old 08-14-2012, 03:34 AM

Yes, its true. I would like to share some information about symptoms of seasonal allergies. Symptoms of seasonal allergies include sneezing, runny nose, nasal congestion, itching of the nose, and post-nasal drip. Not all people experience all of the symptoms of hay fever, and in some people, only one symptom will predominate. It may be difficult to tell the difference between seasonal allergies and the common cold, and only an allergist may be able to tell the difference.
Old 11-17-2012, 06:13 AM

Research indicated that children who live in cities are more likely to have asthma, eczema, allergic rhinitis and conjunctivitis, compared to kids who live in rural areas. In order to investigate the relationship between food allergies and geography, the team of scientists reviewed medical data collected from more than 38,000 individuals aged 18 years and younger.