Old 05-28-2008, 09:23 AM
Active User: Feeling Good

Default Celiac, Crohns, IBS What you dont know....

I have Celiac Disease. Many people have this as well but are missed diagnosed with Crohns or ibs or others. You may still be suffering and not know why.

Celiac is autoimmune disease where the body sees gluten as a poison and attacks the body to rid of it. The only way to diagnose it is through a painless biopsy.

Let me know if ya need any more info. This is not really and allergy. But many put it in this catagory.

Sherri
Old 08-03-2008, 12:42 AM

Interesting because I am celiac, but the doctor's first thought was also Crohn's. He made me worry for nothing. I wish they wouldn't jump to conclusions before having all the facts. Apparently there is even a blood test now for gluten intolerance?
Old 08-03-2008, 09:45 PM

Default Blood test

There is a test for gluten intolerance but not for celiac really. It is not really effective. A biopsy really is the best way. Here in canada the gov. will not pay for the blood test because it is not very effective. Too many false positive results. The test is around 65 dollars. Biopsy is free.
Old 08-03-2008, 09:50 PM

I am not sure how much you know about Celiac but it is not a gluten intolerance per sai. You can be gluten intolerant and not have Celiac. Meaning-- no damage is done to your intestines. Mine were so thickened I had to have a bowel resection. I was very ill before diagnoses and was so glad to finally find out what was making me so sick.
Old 08-05-2008, 04:25 AM
Experienced User: Healthy

Your post is very helpful. I have a friend who is Celiac, she became very ill before and it took months to get a correct diagnosis. She went through a lot of needless pain and worry while the doctors messed around. If she had known more she would have insisted on a test much earlier in the process.
Old 08-05-2008, 12:30 PM

It really is a crazy disease to have. SOOOO many people are not aware of the testing available and doctors for some reason do not see this as a diagnoses. I think many doctors are not up to date with celiac. So I find it really important to make sure you GI doctor is very familiar with the disease.

I am glad your friend is well now or getting there anyway.
Old 08-09-2008, 11:09 PM

Yes, I had sustained a lot of damage as well before it was diagnosed, and I felt like I had chronic fatigue syndrome. I wasn't getting much nutritional value from anything I ate because the little villi in my small intestine had become flattened and weren't absorbing much.
Old 08-10-2008, 01:21 PM

Thats exactly what happens. I am feeling much better these days. It has taken almost 3 years to feel better. I dont have the fatigue anymore, but I know how you felt. How are you feeling these days???
Old 11-15-2011, 03:46 AM
New User: cough cough

And how long has it actually
Old 08-12-2009, 05:45 PM

Default Cure - Celiac &Wheat allergy

I have been working on the immune system for several years now.

Is there a cure? Yes.

This needs an explanation. " Oral Tolerance" is the term used by medical researchers and is the mechanism that works with the formula I use. You can find more on Oral Tolerance by looking it up on internet search engines.

I started with homeopathy. The beauty of homeopathy is one can prepare it using any substance in the universe - organic or inorganic. There is a strong belief that homeopathic preparations have the ability to manipulate and affect the immune system.
I started focused my preparations using proteins and antigens
which are responsible for getting a reaction from the immune system.
With celiac disease & wheat allergy I use a protein that is
similar but slightly different chemically from wheat gluten.

Most homeopathics today use preparations that have been diluted so many times
that the original material is either so tiny or does not even exist in the preparation.
However, when I first started testing homeopathics on subjects, many reported changes and effects from homeopathics I made using Mother Liquor. Mother liquor refers to homeopathics made using the first dilution and in this the original protein
still exists in solution.
My remedies are both Oral Tolerance and Homeopathic.

Oral tolerance preparations are safe basically because they use a tiny
dose. In my preparation of protein , that dose is about 1 to 1 and a half milligram.
Note: A teaspoon of water is about 5000 milligrams so the dose above is very tiny.

In celiac disease there are helper T cells that are responsible for the overproduction of antibodies to wheat gluten which shares the same antigenic epitopes as the tiny structures lining the small intestines.
Oral tolerance works by producing new T suppressor cells specific to the antibody above.
The new T suppressors work against the helper T cells and resulting in lowering antibody production and that is the cure.

Now many years forward in time I have combined the original homeopathics with other ingredients also homeopathic for better results.
The formula that works for celiac also works for wheat allergy because
the problem is antibodies to the same antigen/protein.
Today the preparations are now 7 to 8 ingredients and do they work?
Yes.
I have actually contacted the Celiac Society in Ontario, Canada offering them my
formula and partnering with me. I have also approached the University of BC in my
province with a similar offer. Both offers were rejected and I am surprised.

However, homeopathics are remedies available all around the world but is not acceptable by the pharmaceutical industry &modern medicine. Pharmaceutical companies have partnered with just about all the research agencies and they decide who to accept or REJECT& that is the reason these facilities will never accept my formula!!!

You must understand that homeopathic remedies sell products at fraction of what a pharmaceutical product and if it is not a money making venture -well then it is not worth their while. Also you can not patent homeopathics. These are the reasons no research facility will take my formula.

However, I had contact with one celiac lady who said that homeopathics are known in many parts of the world and are more popular in Europe, so why not simply make it available as a homeopathic?
Okay, I'm presenting this to the world as a homeopathic remedy.

Comment? Questions?
You may write me at
[email]himmerland2000@yahoo.ca[/email]
Henry
Old 05-11-2011, 11:27 AM

Default Best hotels at Canada

Best hotels, hostels and motels at Canada!

http://homehotel.ca