Old 01-10-2008, 06:42 PM
Experienced User: Healthy

Default Have you tried it?

Hypnotherapy has been touted as a treatment or cure for everything from obesity and smoking to hair loss. Have you ever tried hypnotherapy?

If not, do you believe it works as a treatment for medical conditions or do you believe it should be an adjunct to traditional medical treatment?
Old 01-10-2008, 10:35 PM
Active User: Feeling Good

I never got hypnotherapy treatment but heard that it really helps one with emotional stability, behavior, anxiety, stress etc.. but never knew it could be helpful for obesity, smoking or hair loss. How does it really work for people suffering with these problems?
Old 01-12-2008, 03:35 PM

Part of me thinks that hypnotherapy is simply a soothing voice giving you permission to attain your deepest desire. On the other hand it seems to work well for some people. I would love to learn more about it but classes tend to be extremely expensive!

Last edited by SageMother; 01-19-2008 at 03:39 PM.
Old 01-12-2008, 11:49 PM

I have personally never tried it but would love to try it for anxiety problems that I suffer from. I have heard it works on some and not on others. Not to sure why that is though?
Old 01-13-2008, 12:02 AM

I would try out for stress, it is really interesting topic to get to know the depth. Studying anything is seeming to be costlier day by day but I hope to check out some good stuff online.
Old 01-16-2008, 06:44 PM

I tried it once but it didn't work at all. I couldn't get relaxed enough, and I just felt awkward. I know it works well for some people and not for others, I must be one of the others!
Old 01-17-2008, 05:08 PM

When my office went smoke free, they brought a hypnotherapist in to help anyone that was interested. It seemed to work for about half of those that participated, so I'm kind of on the fence when it comes to this type of treatment
Old 01-23-2008, 04:06 PM

Default re hypnotherapy

It's something that I have always been interested in, but never tried as a therapy. I was once hypnotised (for entertainment) and was told I was a good subject.
Old 01-24-2008, 11:36 AM

Is is like once hypnotised we just speak out the truth which we feel like hiding from others unknowingly if asked?? I heard of such a thing but never got to know it in real.
Old 01-25-2008, 04:00 PM

I was told that when hypnotised you won't do anything you know to be wrong, like killing or stealing; it is also supposed to be that you won't say anything against your will as well.
Old 01-25-2008, 06:43 PM

That's really amazing, I need to get over with some of the television serials that I used to follow long time back and even some movies which really gave a wrong picture which just stayed that way in my mind.
Old 02-07-2008, 07:17 PM

I've tried hypnosis in the past, but it didn't work well on me. The hypnotherapist said I was too tense and hyper-vigilant--and she's right. It's really hard for me to let my guard down around other people. Sometimes it's even hard for me to relax when I'm alone in my apartment. I've been practicing with some relaxation CDs, but I'm still not very good at it.
Old 02-10-2008, 09:33 PM

Calypso, the most important thing is that you are making the effort. When we stand still we atrophy. Forward movement, though not always dramatic and satisfying, is in and of itself an exercise. Your effort is not wasted, be persistent, be clever, and continue to move forward.
Old 02-15-2008, 07:45 PM

I believe that on some level it would work, but you would have to be receptive to it. I think relaxation is key.
Old 03-16-2008, 06:16 PM

Default Hypnotherapy

I have never tried this. I was thinking about trying it to help me quit smoking. But I have people tell me they have done it and it didn't work.
Old 03-18-2008, 10:07 PM

I have never tried it, but I know that there is a huge debate over whether or not it actually works. I think that it can work for certain people, but don't know if it would work for me or not.
Old 04-13-2008, 12:49 AM

I was hypnotized a couple of times by a psychologist in an attempt to help me quit smoking. It was a very relaxing thing but it didn't help me to quit smoking and it didn't cause any bad effects on me. Yoga is what ended up being really helpful to me in quitting smoking.
Old 04-14-2008, 03:40 AM

I don't believe it, I think that it is nothing but bull to be honest.
Old 05-14-2008, 04:04 AM

I would like to try it to help me quit smoking. I have tried about everything else and it appears my will power could use a little subconscious boost.
Old 05-16-2008, 01:14 PM

Never tried in myself, but have a friend try it with good success. As long as it works for the person using it than it is a good treatment.